Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Absent Minute Hand



Well. Here we are, at the edge of 2013. Any moment now, we'll cross oblivion, into
the bizarre, unknown world of 2014. Admit it, guys; 2013 is weird. 2013 is that wacky friend that we never really understood, but still will miss like hell when it's gone. Even if 2014 will be awesome, that nolstagia won't ever leave. Kind of like the Doctor, now that I think of it.

Some of you have already crossed to the other side, but I'm still here, staring down the canyon. In about 13 hours, I'll jump, but for now I will continue blogging because that's the best thing I can think of to do at the moment.

You know, time is a lot like a Weeping Angel. When you're aware of it, it seems to be set in stone. Blink, and it's gone, and left your mark on you. It's kind of sad how the more years you live, the shorter they are. I still remember when a year felt like a huge part of my life. The minute hand just seems to disappear, and one day the hour hand will be gone along with it.

I need to stop making Doctor Who references.

Now that I'm out of sentimental things to write, I'll list some things I learned from 2013:

1) The ocean is deep as heck. We know more about Mars than we do about the ocean floor.

2) Anne Frank and MLK Jr. were born in the same year, but most people think they lived in different time periods (including me).

3) <:D is a really effective emoticon for expressing feelings of euphoria.

4) River Song is Melody Pond.

5) British shows are fantastic.

6) The best selling DVD of all time is Finding Nemo.

7) When Benjamin Franklin proposed Daylight Savings, he actually meant it as a joke.

8) If you want extra time to write your essay before emailing it to your teacher, open it up in Notepad, delete some lines, then send it to him/her. A message will show up, saying that there is something wrong with the file.

9) Honey is the only food that won't rot. A jar of honey will remain edible for 3000 years.

10) Starbucks has a secret menu.

11) Only 1% of the world's population has a college education.

12) I am a horrible blogger.

2013) has been an awesome year, but 2014 will be even better.

For certain.

Ciao ciao,

Whitlinger 12.31.13

And yes, Starbucks really does have a secret menu. Look it up.

2014 Digital Numbers

No comments:

Post a Comment