Monday, December 16, 2013

An Analysis on Italics

My Best Friend is to Blame

Every time I step through the door, the feeling comes to me
That I've arrived at an empty place, to a lock without a key
The tabletops are dusty, the walls dark and silent
And that terrible stain still lives, a color harsh and violent
Reminding me he's been gone since losing our little game
But it wasn't me, I swear it, my best friend is to blame
She lives in our kitchen and helps me make our meals
She never disobeys me, but there are secrets she conceals
I know this because one night I came home to a sight
A splatter here and there, his dead eyes wide with fright
And clutched between my fingers was my best friend from the kitchen
She grinned and glinted quietly, and spoke a truth forbidden
The neighbors think I'm crazy, that I have gone insane
But I swear it wasn't me, my best friend is to blame.
OH LOOK, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE? IT'S A POEM
Whooooooooaaaaaaaaa. 
Have you realized how cool italicized stuff is? Like, it makes everything so dramatic and intimidating. I had a chocolate bagel for breakfast. No, I didn't. Did you really think I would tell you something so personal like what I had this morning? Please. 
That poem, by the way, was written by a friend of mine. His name is Joe. He's a very nice sock. Much nicer than those horrid Christmas ones, anyway. 
Just kidding. I love Christmas socks. 

By the way, have you noticed that all the words in the title start with a vowel? How cool is that? About as cool as your Christmas sock, HA. If you thought otherwise, you're wrong.
Enough of my crap now. Go enjoy your day (or night), and for Chuck's sake why are you still here? 

No comments:

Post a Comment